Thursday, January 7, 2010

Do I still have 10 fingers and toes?

I spent almost 2.5 hours outside last night for my workouts. Yes, I said workouts. I had track practice that smoothly transitioned into a bootcamp session led by two of my teammates.

Track sucked. It was so cold that my lungs felt constricted and I ended up using my inhaler. (I prefer to to run inside when it's below 32 for this exact reason, but I didn't want to skip out on bootcamp because I know I would have just gone home after I completed my run.) The inhaler didn't help all that much so I ended up just doing what I could on the track...I think I maybe did 2 miles?

Bootcamp was smoother. I was warmed up and ready to go. There were a lot of power moves (burpies, squats to jump extensions, skaters, bunny hops) similar to those I did on the crew team. It definitely took me back to those 5 AM practices in Skibo Gym and I loved it. It felt so good to be working out in a group like that and when we did supermans, it reminded me of how much I loved the crew team.

I had a few ladies over for dessert last night after working out and my friend Ru inspired me to "Live for the Story" this year as much as I can and I plan on it!

I woke up exhausted but happy this morning.
Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment