Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Optimistic

So I got yelled at by a certain woman...ahem Es...to HTFU after my last post. I decided to post some positive things about training and the last few weeks.

A. I've lost a total of 13 pounds. Holy crap. :-) Another 3.6 to go and I'll be at my goal weight for Ironman :-)

B. I took a small hiatus from training over the last week due to Nazia's wedding and it really helped put things in perspective a little bit. I think I just needed to get away from everything for a little while and be completely engrossed in a different world. While I didn't have an huge revelations about training or myself, I think it just quieted the doubt in my mind a bit.

C. I have absolutely the most amazing support system. Between my friends and Team Z and my family, I could not ask for anything more. Some friends do give me a little crap about not being able to do things, but I know at the end of the day they understand how important it is to me to get across the finish line.


On my plate for this week: It's recovery week (yay!) so I have low key workouts. Need to get a new tire for my rear wheel because I keep getting flats...boo!...I get to swim with Meg, bike with Jacquie, and Sat is 110 miles on my bike! Including Saturday, only three more extremely long rides (110, 120, 80) and then it's taper time. Holy crap.

As Cat told me: 1) Just keep my head down and keep swimming 2) Just keep pedalin 3) Just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Laters,
Ro - getting it done - hini

No comments:

Post a Comment