Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cherry Blossom 10 miler.

I seem to be writing only after I have a race and then recapping the past few weeks. Bad plan on my part. I want to keep track of what I'm thinking during workouts so I can accurately track my training. Oh well. I'll just have to promise myself to be better about it.

Cherry Blossom 10 miler rocked! Until between miles 7 and 8 when I kind of broke apart a little bit. I pushed myself today which felt great but my knees are pretty sore. Otherwise I feel okay. It's nice to race a route I know pretty well. I know which landmarks to look for and the crowd is great because so many people run it. While I wasn't really fast, I wasn't the end of the pack for the first time. I actually finished with a crowd! I know...what a shocker. A little recap of the 10 miler over the last three:

2008 results - 1:59:01; 
2009 results - 1:56:57; 
2010 results - 1:52:53

I've cut almost 7 minutes off in two years. It's not a huge amount, but I'm proud of myself. :-)

Last week was our first week back after transition and recovery week post half marathon. I felt strong but I was definitely sore. 


The bike scares the crap out of me. During yesterday's ride, I had a freak out moment and cried because I just felt like I will never get good at the bike. Coach Ed told me that I'm strong and that he knows I can do this, I just need more practice. I felt a little bit better after speaking to him, but I still have so much doubt in myself. I don't know if it's just a first time Ironman thing, but I often think I've taken on more than I can chew by training for IM Moo. Oh well. Just gotta get out there for the workouts  I guess and hope that faithfully following the training plan will get me to that finish line. 


On deck for this week. 
Bootcamp, Running, Swimming, and Biking. 


Bring it on. 
Ro

2 comments: