Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Shamrock Half Marathon and much much more

The last few weeks have been absolutely nuts. Between training and work, I've barely had time to sleep. I've received a job offer with another company and am so excited about the opportunity but more on that after I put in my notice, etc.

Tuesday weigh-ins are still happening (although I did forget today).
3.9.2010 - 165.4 (whoops)
3.16.2010 - 163

I'll weigh in again tomorrow morning.

I've been really good about keeping up with swims and runs. I'm leaving town this weekend so I won't be able to ride but I'm going to try to get on my trainer tonight or tomorrow.

Shamrock Half Marathon -

I went into it thinking I didn't train enough..which ended up being the case. But I think I could have PR'd had my foot not fallen asleep. EVERY TIME I race, one or both of my feet fall asleep and it drives me nuts. I don't know what the problem is but I have to figure it out. I ended up running most of the race without my socks. At least it was only about 9 miles vs running 22 miles without socks like I did with the Pittsburgh marathon.

I met a team z'er named Adele who was SOOOO great when she saw me. We got into the groove of running 3 minutes, walking 1 for a few miles before she said she can't run anymore and told me to go ahead. I have to find her last name and say thank you. It really got me through. The race was pretty, the weather was great (although a little warm after the weather I've been running in). The beach was AWESOME and I got a little tan ... like I really needed that. :-)

The best part of the trip was hanging out with Pam and Emily. We watched a LOT of movies after spending 3 hours on the beach and drank wine, ate a lot, and made fun of the funny little place we were stationed. After turning our key in to the housekeeper's son ( a man named Chuckie with dreds...as she explained it), we hopped onto 95 and headed for home, sweet, home.

Woot.
Good job to all my teammates who ran this past weekend. I couldn't be happier to be a part of such a great group of people.

Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment