Friday, March 5, 2010

Thursday - March 4, 2010

I took my bike to the mechanic for a tune-up so I went to a spin class at my gym instead. I showed up about 10 minutes early and got in my warm-up. I couldn't do the single leg drills, but I did do 15 minutes out of the saddle followed with 25 minutes at a perceived Zone 4 sitting down. I didn't do the class workout because it definitely was not the type of ride I was looking for. The Top 40 music was key. ;)

During the ride I was paying close attention to bringing my knees up which is much harder to do without clip in shoes (I had cages) but definitely made a difference in how my legs feel today.

After the spin, I went swimming - ummm that was a ROUGH swim. There were moments where I thought I wouldn't finish specific sets but I did and was so proud of myself when I got out of the pool. I want to ask people in the next lane up how many yards they swim in an hour on average because that will help me gauge when I'm ready to move up.

Workouts:
Spin - W/U, 3 x 60''/60'' SLD, 25' Z4, W/D
Actual - W/U, 15' Out of the saddle, 25 minutes Z4 in the saddle, 5 minutes cool down

Swim - 250 W/U, 600 Z2, 200 build by 50 to Z4, 50 Easy, 500 Z4, 200 Easy, 500 (250 Z4, 250 Z5a)
Total Yards: 2300 Yards (~1.3 miles) :-)

Getting there. It's an uphill road.

~Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment