Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A weekend of false starts

Do you ever have those days where you try to start multiple things but get nothing done? Saturday was one of those days for me.

I got half my laundry done, cleaned half my room, started a trainer session and couldn't finish, didn't go to the place I wanted to go to for dinner, and had a half-ass night out (I planned for a better evening than that but alas, plans don't always go your way do they?).

Let's start with this trainer session. The weekend before, I sat on the trainer for 1 hour and 50 minutes with my favorite training buddy, Pam. Went great. We watched a silly movie, talked, kicked it into gear for a few movie scenes here and there but then it came time to take my bike off my trainer. My rear wheel came entirely off the chain because when I loosen up the bolt on the trainer, it tends to loosen up the spoke on my rear wheel as well. I was tired and frustrated so just attempted to fix it at home. I thought all was well until Saturday. I'm sitting on the trainer and it feels a little off...a little tilted to the left. I live in an old apt and the floor does have some uneven spots so I blamed the angle on the floor at first. Then I unclipped after I realized my brake was rubbing against my tire and needed a little adjusting. Unclip the right foot, lean a tad to the left, and bam! I'm screaming as I fall and my poor roommate who thought something serious happened ran out in her towel after getting out of the shower to make sure I was okay. I fell pretty hard on my left shoulder and the bike and trainer were on top of my leg. I got up and tried adjusting my bike, but it's just not working so I'm taking it in for a tune-up tomorrow. It is pretty funny so go ahead and laugh. :-)

The only thing I did well on Saturday was swim 2150 yards in an hour.

100 warm up
800 yards straight Zone 2
3 x (25, 50, 75, 100, 75, 50, 25), 25s kick, 75s weakside breathing, 50s and 100s Z2 regular swim
50 cool down

Sunday. I did not get a run in but I did eat a lot. :-)

~Rohini

No comments:

Post a Comment