Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Before jumping in....

During my year of training, I've decided to write out a few goals (not only for Ironman but in general)

1. Lose 15 pounds by the end of January
2. Lose 25 pounds by the end of May
3. Do not give up!
4. Complete a marathon in under 5.5 hours
5. Have fun and meet new people!
6. Travel abroad

...and I'm sure I'll come up with more as I keep thinking about this...

Thoughts:

1. The reason for the weight loss is not my appearance (while that is an incentive :-) ) as most might believe, it's mainly so I can train at a healthy weight and not injure myself. Weight loss is also a factor in being able to train harder and be a faster athlete.

2. At this point in time, I believe biking will be my weakest link but this could easily change. I was a rower and my legs are pretty strong so I'm thinking it could become my strongest as my technique gets better - there's a lot more technique involved than riding the pink barbie bike I once had.

3. Current Physical State
BP: 110/65 (yay!)
Resting Heart Rate: 70 (ehhhhhh)
Weight: 0 (I'll start with 0 as the baseline and put a (-) or (+) as the weeks move
along)

1 comment:

  1. Chica, if I could still run, I would totally try to do this with you! You're going to kick some ass!

    ReplyDelete